Calender Condition Monitoring
Sensodec 6S Calender Condition Monitoring
quickly alerts machine operators and service personnel to vibrations that might indicate irregularities in calender roll shape or profiles, premature roll failures, mechanical problems in the drive system or paper quality problems. With the system’s immediate warning, corrective actions are taken quickly and decisively to avoid unnecessary downtime, to prolong calender roll lifetimes and reduce paper quality variations.
Paper calendering is a dynamic process in which vibrations, both noticeable and barely detectable, may indicate an immediate problem or may indicate a developing fault which needs attention before it becomes a problem. If roll vibrations become excessive and are left unchecked, product quality or runnability may suffer and roll damage may occur.
Calender Condition Monitoring is an extremely sensitive early warning system which detects and analyzes small vibrations, isolates their origin and warns operations and maintenance staff before damage occurs. It is an effective operations and maintenance planning tool. Also, it protects your investment in advanced soft nip calendering technology.
Calender Condition Monitoring is applied to hard nip calenders, soft nip calenders, supercalenders, Valmet’s OptiLoad calenders, OptiLoad rebuilds and other polymer roll calenders.
Benefits of Calender Monitoring
- Pinpoints problem rolls so they can be replaced immediately.
- Optimizes the scheduling of soft roll grinding.
- Prolongs soft roll lifetimes.
- Avoids unexpected roll damage.
- Evaluates performance of different roll covering materials.
- Averts drive component failures.
- Optimizes calender uptime and runnability.
- An effective tool for preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Avoids paper quality problems.
- Improves worker safety.