Results using Metso Process Optimizer
Metso Fiberboard Optimizer offers the complete system solution for continuous and automatic optimization of processes, Defibrator system in this case.
The purpose with installing the Metso Fiberboard Optimizer system is to reduce energy cost and to get a more even quality by reducing fiber property variations. It evaluates different settings, handles several variables in the process and works gradually towards the goals you want to obtain. The brilliance is that the Metso Fiberboard Optimizer concept allows an optimization towards several goals at the same time. Individual priorities of fiber properties (Mat height) and energy cost are entered by the user/operator.
Fiber properties are measured on line (mat height or equivalent) and fed into the Metso Fiberboard Optimizer system. The control system evaluates the online quality measurements and the energy cost and then calculates and sends out new set-points. The process optimizer ”continuously” manipulates the set-points to continuously strive for the best possible quality at lowest possible energy cost. Metso Process Optimizer can be installed separately or as an integrated part of installations of new measuring instruments, control systems or hardware.
Measuring - Controlling - Optimizing
- Large amount of data that can be systemized
- Varying qualities on measurement signals
- Several different types of processes and process levels
- Many different products with different optimal variable settings
- Complex correlations between input variables and output variables
- Many different outputs that need to be optimized simultaneously
- Long term changes in process conditions (wear and tear of machinery, etc)