Runnability systems for dryer section
Metso dryer section runnability systems
offer excellent sheet stability and runnability to all web grades and speeds. Runnability components are chosen based on the machine speed and paper grade.
HiRun System™ for high-speed paper machine runnability
The HiRun System™ runnability concept offers solutions for different requirements depending on the grade and the targeted speed. The system is designed with a separate high vacuum zone where paper is taken off the dryer cylinder. This high vacuum area ensures tail and web transfer from the cylinder to the next VacRoll and provides excellent runnability.
Main benefits of the HiRun System™, proven in production situations:
SymRun Plus runnability concept
- Control of the web draws to optimize paper properties
- Fewer breaks due to reduced draws
- Improved web stability – higher production speed
- Faster tail threading
- Less sensitivity to changes in dryness
- Improved overall machine productivity
SymRun Plus blow box is an energy efficient runnability solution for medium-speed paper machines and at the dry end of high-speed machines.
Main benefits of the SymRun Plus:
- Low energy consumption
- Reduced air amount
- Small supply air system and smaller space requirement
- Fast and reliable tail threading
- Easy maintenance
UnoRun ventilators work for ventilation in the bottom pockets in single-felted sections.
Main benefits of the UnoRun ventilators
Metso Pocket ventilator family
- Improved runnability in single-felting
- Air balance in bottom pockets
- Disturbing air flows minimized
- Uniform ventilation across the machine width
- TwinRun concept: For high-speed machines with special double-felted arrangement
- Uniflow pocket ventilator: For high-speed machines with conventional double-felting
- Uniflow B pocket ventilator: For board grades with conventional double-felting
"We don´t have edge wrinkles anymore", says Josef Eder, Production Manager of UPM Schongau PM 7.
“HiRun is a tool not only for improved runnability, but also for improved paper quality” says Pascal Bernard from UPM Stracel mill.